Thursday, May 26, 2011

If you have heard the song "Come Round Soon" by Sara Bareilles, you'll get it.

The room was dark and the moonlight was shining through the window. The beams hit the keys like a spotlight and I lit up a cigarette. I swiped my fingers across the keys and listened to the music as is yelled out a cry of musical despair. I smiled as the rain started to fall. My fingers pranced to mimic the thunder. Living alone had its perks sometimes. My foot pumped while my fingers danced. I paused only to blow out some smoke and watch it swirl above my head.

Sometimes you had to watch out for yourself. Sometimes you had to live alone and not answer the door. Sometimes you have to light another cigarette and hope you don't get addicted just yet. And then sometimes you had to admit to yourself that maybe you missed them.

There was a hunger as I continued to pump music out the piano. Through my music I was going to send a message, even though there was no way he could hear me. I wanted things to be different and I really thought that they would be. I definitely had my guard up but I wanted him to sweep me off my feet and show me things had gotten better. I keep playing my music in the hopes that you would follow it to me. And that when you got here it would be as if nothing ever happened.

I lit up another one and decided not to care if I added another addiction to the list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you haven't heard the song before:
~Bridget Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment