Today I want to mention secondhand smoke. Not as many people think about the dangers of this compared to the dangers of first hand smoke. Here is a website about the problems with secondhand smoke:
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tobaccocancer/secondhand-smoke
Besides any of the physical effects, its just rude in some cases. While I was on my way to get lunch a guy was walking in front of me and I said "excuse me" in order to get past him. As I walked past, he blew smoke from his cigarette in my face. He might have thought it was funny, but just because he is smoking and shaving years off his life, doesn't mean I want to also. I would start smoking myself if I wanted to do that.
Now I don't like telling people what to do, because what they do with their life is their own choice, so if they want to smoke its up to them. However I think the e cigarette is an amazing idea. There are no problems with secondhand smoke and there are no smells from it. Also, there are less carcinogens in the e cigarettes, so they are also less harmful to those using it. Here are some websites to tell you about those:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-cigarette
http://www.ecigaretteschoice.com/
I myself know its hard to fight addictions. I will admit I am addicted to soda. I don't think its a caffiene issue because I can drink either. I have tried to stop drinking it a couple times now and I can't seem to stop!
So what are you guys addicted to?
~Bridget Nicole
Smoking in general is just bad I agree. It seems like no matter where i go in public some idiot is behind me or next to me puffing away god I hate it. Can't wait til someday they make it illegal to smoke in public! I can only hope it happens sooner than later
ReplyDeleteWell that's why I made sure to make to comment about e cigarettes. They would help non-smokers a TON, and would also be better for the smokers. Its a compromise that makes everyone happy. :)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! :) What's so annoying I almost explode is people smoking in non-smoking areas! >.< There must be some place non-smokers can actually go without being forced to inhale the crap..
ReplyDeleteYeah... I know that our area just got rid of smoking in restaurants a couple of years ago. It was one of the happiest days of my life lol
ReplyDelete