Drop of water-- among paper
Crawls outward to escape
It isn't vain-- a
Design-- mind of its own
Walk away-- fix it later
Such odd forgetfulness...
You cannot--fix
What is already stained.
Disappointment-- follows, and
Frustration-- rises
Scrap it, rip it, repel it
Try to forget--
Always moving along-- tides
Forbidden-- thus hid
Round two
Kind words-- laced with impatience.
Episodic meltdowns.
Drop of water-- among paper
Crawls outward to escape...
I always thought water was the most interesting substance. Water will fight and move. It holds on to its container and will even climb its walls.
When I was a little kid and riding in the car when it was raining out, I would watch the rain drops on the car window. I used to pretend that the bigger rain drop was some sort of hero that picked up the smaller rain drops so they wouldn't have to be alone. They always moved faster once they were together and promoted team work in my mind. I would feel sad for the raindrops that didn't have a hero to save them. Some were definitely more shy than others. Some slowly danced along the glass and eventually tagged another drop as if to say "I want you to come and dance with me!"
I also always found it amazing that something so simple could be so vital to our existence. We are made up of it, and still manage to need a lot more of it. We are quite the water needy beings. Two hydrogen molecules and an oxygen molecules. So basic and fundamental.
On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” —John 7:37-38
~Bridget Nicole
Crawls outward to escape
It isn't vain-- a
Design-- mind of its own
Walk away-- fix it later
Such odd forgetfulness...
You cannot--fix
What is already stained.
Disappointment-- follows, and
Frustration-- rises
Scrap it, rip it, repel it
Try to forget--
Always moving along-- tides
Forbidden-- thus hid
Round two
Kind words-- laced with impatience.
Episodic meltdowns.
Drop of water-- among paper
Crawls outward to escape...
I always thought water was the most interesting substance. Water will fight and move. It holds on to its container and will even climb its walls.
When I was a little kid and riding in the car when it was raining out, I would watch the rain drops on the car window. I used to pretend that the bigger rain drop was some sort of hero that picked up the smaller rain drops so they wouldn't have to be alone. They always moved faster once they were together and promoted team work in my mind. I would feel sad for the raindrops that didn't have a hero to save them. Some were definitely more shy than others. Some slowly danced along the glass and eventually tagged another drop as if to say "I want you to come and dance with me!"
I also always found it amazing that something so simple could be so vital to our existence. We are made up of it, and still manage to need a lot more of it. We are quite the water needy beings. Two hydrogen molecules and an oxygen molecules. So basic and fundamental.
On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” —John 7:37-38
~Bridget Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment